The Gleason Public Library was established in 1896 and serves the community of Carlisle, MA. Local history materials are located in the Hollis Room and include town records, journals, photographs, maps, and more.
Description of Digitized Collections
A collection of 30 volumes known as the Wilkins’ Notebooks (Old Houses and Families of Carlisle) were digitized in the spring of 2012. The volumes were given to the Town of Carlisle in 1941 and provide a handwritten account of Carlisle history by local Martha Fifield Wilkins (1879-1963). Included are geneologies, photographs, poems, drawings, and lore relating to Carlisle.
- Gleason Public Library at the Internet Archive